• Paneer – 200 grams (7 oz), cut into 1 inch cubes
• Green bell pepper – ⅓ cup, cut into 1 inch pieces
• Red bell pepper – ⅓ cup, cut into 1 inch pieces
• Yellow pepper – ⅓ cup, cut into 1 inch pieces
• Onion – ½ cup, cut into 1 inch pieces
• Tomato – ⅓ cup, cut into 1 inch pieces, optional
• Oil – few tablespoons, for brushing the tikka
For the marinade:
• Yogurt – 1 cup, once you hang it and let the water drain out it will gives ½ cup thick hung yogurt
• Red chili powder – 1 ½ teaspoon, for the red color use kashmiri chili powder
• Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
• Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
• Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
• fennel powder – ½ teaspoon
• Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
• Aamchur powder (dried mango powder) – 1 teaspoon
• Black pepper powder -¼ teaspoon
• Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 teaspoon
• Salt – to taste
• Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
• Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
• Lemon juice – 1 ½ teaspoons
• Lemon wedges
How to make dry paneer tikka:
• Take yogurt in muslin cloth or man’s handkerchief, put it in the strainer and keep a bowl or jug under it to collect excess water. Keep this in the fridge for about an hour and let all the water drain out.
• You will left with thick, hung curd or yogurt in the cloth. 1 cup of yogurt will give ½ cup of thick yogurt. Take thick or hung curd in a bowl.
• Add all the spice powders (kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, garam masala, aamchur powder, fennel powder, black pepper powder and kasuri methi) along with salt.
• Mix it well.
• Add ginger paste and garlic paste. I have added freshly grated.
• Add lemon juice and mix well. Our marinade is ready
• Cut veggies into 1 inch pieces and cube the paneer. Make sure that size of veggie and paneer pieces are same.
• Add it to the prepared marinade.
• using your clean hand, gently mix. All the pieces should be coated with marinade.
• Cover it with plate or plastic wrap and let paneer and veggie marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours. More the better.
• Brush the tikka with oil from all the sides.
• Heat the non stick tawa on medium heat. Once hot place the skewer on the tawa, shallow fry them.
• turn it and cook all the sides till it is golden brown about 2-3 minutes.